Re: [O] nested org-headlines

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] nested org-headlines
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:36:48 +0800

42 147 <address@hidden> writes:

> (1) is possible, but not (2) and (3), (3) being what I want (though
> (2)
> would be nice).

I was going to say you could use drawers instead of inline tasks (see
section 2.8 of the manual), but they don't nest properly: if you put one
inside the other and fold the outer one, it only folds to the next
:END:. So if you've got this:

#+DRAWERS: SOMEDRAWER ANOTHER
* Header

  :SOMEDRAWER:
  Some stuff.
  :ANOTHER:
  More stuff here.
  :END:
  Some more stuff.
  :END:

TAB on the top drawername gives you this:

  :SOMEDRAWER:...
  Some more stuff.
  :END:

Rather than this:

  :SOMEDRAWER:...
  :END:

Regular org uses `org-flag-drawer' for this, which just searches for the
next :END: string. I thought org elements might handle it differently,
but `org-element-drawer-parser' just does the same thing: searches for
the next :END: string.

If drawers are "greater elements" in org elements, perhaps they ought to
be able to contain other drawers? Or is non-nesting drawers a design
decision?