Re: [O] "Generic" Source block language specification?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] "Generic" Source block language specification?
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:01:35 +0100

On 25/11/12 16:37, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> In a document, I have several source blocks with "real" code (i.e. bash and
>> R in this case)
>> Now I have one block, which is not really source code, but which is "kind
>> of" source code, in
>> my case a definition of a projection for a GIS project. Now I would like to
>> have this
>> definition of the projection displayed in the exported document as the other
>> source blocks,
>> If I put it into an EXAMPLE block, it is exported to LaTeX as verbatin and
>> not listing, and
>> all customisations ai have for listings (smaller font, grey background, ...)
>> do *not* apply
>> to the EXAMPLE block, but woyuld to a "fundamental" source block. So the
>> EXAMPLE block is in
>> this case not equivalent to the fundamental source block.
>>
>> Hope this clarifies the difference,
>
> Yes, thanks.
>
> Since you use "listings" package, can't you define a new language (i.e. with
> \lstdefinelanguage{pseudocode}) and then use "#+begin_src pseudocode" block?

Well - this does not seem to be necessary. If I use

#+begin_src fundamental
#+end_src

the block will be formated following the rules for "listings". Even if I use

#+begin_src BlaBlaBla
#+end_src

it does not produce an error message in LaTeX. Nice with fundamental: I can use
C-c ' to open the
block in a new buffer and edit it there - very handy.

If I would like to have some highlighting in the source block in the LaTeX
export, I obviously
would have to define a new language - nice idea actually for the final output.

Thanks,

Rainer

> Regards,

- --