Re: [O] [org-e-latex] Coding System

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [org-e-latex] Coding System
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:18:13 -1000

Aloha Achim,

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou writes:
>> Anyway, if you think it's useful to provide a patch, I suggest to
>> dynamically bind `org-export-coding-system' in
>> `org-e-latex-export-to-latex' before `org-export-to-file' is called.
>> You'll have to open "outfile" in order to apply
>> `latexenc-find-file-coding-system'.
>
> Thanks for the pointers.
>
>> Do you want to provide such patch?
>
> I'll keep it on my watchlist.  Can't make any promises right now, sorry.

I don't follow the details of this discussion, but I wonder how
important AUTO really is?  It seems to me that a sweet setup uses
utf-8 in the buffer but exports latin-1 to LaTeX through use of entities
and filters (with the new exporter).  This can yield a buffer display
that isn't complicated by all the LaTeX machinery, and export something
that is maximally compatible in the LaTeX world.  It is nice on the eyes
and avoids encoding incompatibilities on the back-end.

All the best,
Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye