Re: [O] Why does export of images to LaTeX requires either org-special-b

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Why does export of images to LaTeX requires either org-special-blocks or org-jsinfo?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 14:40:34 +0100

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 09:41:39AM +0100, Francesco Pizzolante wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that the correct export of images in LaTeX requires one of
> these 2 packages: org-special-blocks or org-jsinfo.
>
> While I cannot see any relation between these packages and the export of
> images in LaTeX, if none of these 2 packages is loaded then images are
> exported as \href instead of \includegraphics, in other words, as links
> instead of images.
>
> Here's the code I used to check this:
>
>     ╭────
>     │ (setq org-modules nil)
>     │ ;;(require 'org-special-blocks)
>     │ ;;(require 'org-jsinfo)
>     ╰────
>
> Please let me know if you have any explanation to this behaviour.

Those modules are optional.  How do you write your links in the org
file?  To be included in LaTeX export with includegraphics, the
description part of the link should be empty.  e.g.

  [[/path/to/image]]

This creates an inline image in the final pdf.  You can add a caption by
adding a caption line like this:

  #+CAPTION: Some caption

If you add a caption, then the image is enclosed in a floating
environment (figure in this case).

For details see the manual: (info "(org) Images in LaTeX export")

HTH

--
Suvayu