Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [O] Question re. Bernt's agenda setup
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:48:07 +0530

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Manish writes:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Manish wrote:
>> [snip (21 lines)]
>>>
>>> =F12 SPC= with =V= is so much better at doing project reviews than
>>> anything else I have ever seen.  My only gripe is that functions called
>>> by =V= and =P= do not refresh the agenda.  I am trying to understand
>>> enough elisp to be able to call org-agenda-redo and beginning-of-buffer
>>> in some right places..
>>
>> My bad.  While making the same setup from scratch in home laptop found
>> that everything works as advertised.  My work setup must have something
>> interfering with it.
>
> I'd be really curious to know what it is. I'm in the same situation here
> where the agenda is not refreshed when doing a P or V from within it.
> (Doing a W works, though).

Strangely, it refreshes fine on Ubuntu but not on Windows (both with no
code other than Bernt's).  I am using Emacs 24.2 and git head from
master branch.

My half-baked attempts to add some bits to relevant functions to call
org-agenda-redo followed by beginning-of-buffer did not work.  I am now
looking to using AutoHotKey as a duct tape solution.

Cheers!
--Manish