Re: [O] Export tables as matrices (change tbl-export function on the fly

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Export tables as matrices (change tbl-export function on the fly)
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:32:39 +0100

Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't manage to get your (Nicolas') or my own attempt working
> correctly for exporting matrices.  I still think it would be nice.

It's hard to fix this since you're not very explicit here.

> I tried to use the regexp
>    (not (string-match "|[\\+-]+|"  table))
> to identify tables without heading separators, but it didn't work
> properly.

It cannot work in filters. These are applied on back-end ouput, in this
case LaTeX code, not on Org code.

> Thinking about it, it might be nice to be able to specify table export
> function more generally.  For instance, I might have a matrix with
> labels (in LaTeX a bordermatrix or kbordermatrix).  Likewise, it might
> also be nice to specify a header argument to tables s.t. I can specify
> a name, e.g.
>
> #+NAME: P
> #+TBLOPTIONS: :prefix "P=" :type matrix
> | a| b|
> | c| d|
>
> would export to
> \[P=\begin{bmatrix}a&b\\c&d\end{bmatrix}\]

There is no TBLOPTIONS affiliated keyword, but it could go in ATTR_LATEX
since this probably only makes sense in a LaTeX-type output. If you
provide a full description of options and their effect, I might try to
implement it.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou