Re: [O] subtree-export limitations

From: Philipp Kroos
Subject: Re: [O] subtree-export limitations
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 16:12:05 +0100

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It might support "Property+" syntax, but it looks like this is
>> Babel-specific (no sign of such syntax in org.el, where property API is
>> defined). I will look into it (unless you want to do it).
>
> Well, scratch that: it already support :property+: syntax. I.e. try to
> export subtree with:
>
> * Test export
>   :PROPERTIES:
>   :export_latex_header: header1
>   :export_latex_header+: header2
>   :END:
>
>   Test

Amazing! I didn't even know about the property+-syntax...
Now that's not as good as it *could* get since the headerlines are
separated by space rather than newline, but it's another very useful
option for a workaround at least.
After all, I think that a complete solution to this problem would break
the consistency of properties, like you said, or would have to introduce
yet another kind of syntax, what is clearly no option.
That said, I'm fine with the situation, but I'ld suggest a note in the
documentation that makes this limitation to subtree-exports clear (and
possibly points out the workarounds). What do you think?

Philipp