Re: [O] Error in export to odt

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Error in export to odt
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:08:26 +0100

On 14/11/12 13:46, Jambunathan K wrote:
> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am exporting a document to odt (Org-mode version 7.9.2
>> (release_7.9.2-459-g6f7e92 @
>> /home/rkrug/.emacs.d/org-mode/lisp/) and the odt generates fine, but it is
>> corrupt. The
>> simple org document looks like followed:
>>
>> #### * Required data / field work 100m^2--1000m2 ####
>>
>> This results in a "Format error discovered in the file in sub-document
>> content.xml at
>> 353,50(row,col)"
>>
>> simply adding spaces around the "--" solves the problem.
>
> Above example works fine with the new exporter.

OK - this is fine with me - then I will use the new exporter.

> Old exporter is pretty much on the way out and I would strongly recommend
> that you use the new
> exporter as much as possible.

No problem - from my side, no fix needed - I just got the new exporter to work
and the result is fine.

SNIP

> One warning though:
>
> Make sure that you require ONLY ONE of org-odt and org-e-odt in your .emacs.
> If you require
> them simulatneously org-odt will not be usable. There is some error which I
> haven't had time to
> investigate.

Hm - I never had the any require for org-odt in my .emacs? Now I have the one
for org-e-odt...

Thanks,

Rainer

>> I attach the tmp.odt with the error.
>>
>> Libre Office - Version 3.6.2.2 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:2)) Ubuntu Quantal
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Rainer

- --
UCT), Dipl. Phys.