Re: [O] How to customize the heading definition in org-mode

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [O] How to customize the heading definition in org-mode
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 22:42:02 -0300

At Sat, 10 Nov 2012 07:58:40 -0800,
David Rogers wrote:

But for this specific need (organizing the Emacs configuration with
org-mode), there is really no need for changing the headline
definition. You instead change your Emacs configuration to 'real' org-mode
files with the actual configuration inside Emacs-lisp src blocks. This is
much more powerful. As Memnon Anon mentioned, you only need a minimal
configuration in your init.el file and the rest can go all in one or more
org files that you load with org-babel-load-file.

I have converted my configuration to an org-mode file a good time ago and I
can tell you it is VERY worth the time invested. You can benefit from all
org-mode features. What org-babel-load-file does is tangling all of the
Emacs-lisp src blocks (only emacs-lisp blocks) to an Emacs lisp file and
then load that file. The org-babel-load-file function is smart enough to
only tangle the org file if something has changed. Therefore the delay
caused by the tangle process only happens when you change something.

A bonus side effect of this tangling process is that you can disable a
whole part of your Emacs configuration easily simple by setting the
'TANGLE' property of a headline containing the source blocks you want to
disable to 'no'.

--
Darlan