Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install

From: Axel E. Retif
Subject: Re: [O] OSX to PDF: Minimal Install
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 03:07:23 -0600

On 11/03/2012 01:41 AM, Christian Moe wrote:

[...]

I used BasicTex before, to save space on an old laptop. As I recall, it
complained about missing some packages that Org puts in the header by
default. Being a latex noob, I didn't bother to install them, but just
set them to nil in org-export-latex-default-packages-alist, and never
missed them.

I never used BasicTeX (MacTeX yes, though now I'm working on Linux), but I know it has tlmgr (TeXLive Manager), with which you can install missing packages from the TeXLive distribution:

sudo tlmgr install <package>

I don't know if BasicTeX or MacTeX-Additions

http://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html

have the wonderful GUI for tlmgr, TeX Live Utility (TLU), but the OP can ask in the very helpful TeX on Mac OS X mailing list: