Re: [O] Displaying agenda for today instead of diary with the calendar

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Displaying agenda for today instead of diary with the calendar
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 23:41:54 -0400

Christian Wittern <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear org-moders,
>
> Over the years I have gradually moved most of my planning from the
> Emacs diary to org-mode. However, when I call up the Emacs calendar,
> it still displays the day-view of my diary, which does not have
> relevant information anymore.  I would like to replace it with the
> agenda buffer.
>
> Upon investigation, it seems that calendar calls 'view-diary-entries'
> to display the diary.  Has anybody here managed to replace this with
> an appropriate call to display the agenda buffer?  How would I go
> ahead to achieve this?

My calendar does not do that, so I presume you have customized a
hook. C-h v calendar--hook <TAB> brings up the following completions:

,----
| Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
| In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.
|
| Possible completions are:
| calendar-initial-window-hook  calendar-load-hook
| calendar-mode-hook    calendar-move-hook
| calendar-today-invisible-hook         calendar-today-visible-hook
`----

so check them to see which one contains a view-diary-entries entry (or
as it is called today diary-view-entries) - probably
calendar-initial-window-hook, and replace it with a function
that brings up your agenda; maybe something like this:

(add-hook 'calendar-initial-window-hook 'org-agenda-list)

Nick