Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound

From: Christopher Schmidt
Subject: Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 22:57:35 +0000 (GMT)

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> What missing variable definition? By the time the export is finished,
> the let-bind is gone. There is no definition of TeX-master anywhere,
> just as if you never had org loaded: why should auctex object to that?
>
> So I don't understand why it would break: all the common scenarios
> that I have tried work with no problem for me. I can load an org file,
> export to latex, open the latex file (which loads auctex) and do
> auctex things to it. I don't get any error. What exactly do I have to
> do in order to break it?

In org-latex.el, within the binding:

    (if to-buffer
        (unless (eq major-mode 'latex-mode) (latex-mode))
      (save-buffer))

Recipe:

    emacs -q # + AUCTeX
    C-x b rms RET
    M-x org-mode RET
    M-: (insert "a") RET
    C-x h
    M-x org-export-region-as-latex RET

    # In buffer *Org LaTeX Export*
    C-c C-c

    TeX-command-master: Symbol's value as variable is void: TeX-master

        Christopher