Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:25:48 -0400

Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> > In any case, if you can get rid of the let-bind (or the need to muck
> > with TeX-master at all within org), without introducing a regression,
> > we are all ears.
>
> I think adding (require 'tex nil t) before the let form is a nice fix.

Not really: you end up pulling in auctex even if you are not going to
use it.

> IMO the situation ATM is pretty bad.  If AUCTeX is not loaded pre export
> the missing variable definition breaks AUCTeX completely.

What missing variable definition? By the time the export is finished,
the let-bind is gone. There is no definition of TeX-master anywhere,
just as if you never had org loaded: why should auctex object to that?

So I don't understand why it would break: all the common scenarios that
I have tried work with no problem for me. I can load an org file, export to
latex, open the latex file (which loads auctex) and do auctex things to
it. I don't get any error. What exactly do I have to do in order to
break it?

Nick