Re: [O] [new exporter] Date format string not handled for LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Date format string not handled for LaTeX export
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:04:37 +0100

Hello,

Michael Gauland <address@hidden> writes:

> When I provide a format string to the #+DATE: option, the old LaTeX exporter
> correctly uses it to format the current date; the new exporter just uses the
> format string for the date.

I wasn't aware of that "feature". Though, I don't like it: it is fragile
for technical reasons (it may or may not work on every exporter) and it
adds yet another special rule to remember.

On the other hand, you have a hard-coded macro to solve this problem:

  #+DATE: {{{time(%c)}}}

It will work across every back-end (but you need the latest Org version,
since I recently to fixed a bug related to it).

> The new HTML exporter does not have this problem.

I am going to remove this hack from new back-ends as it isn't necessary.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou