Re: [O] new exporter / org-element

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter / org-element
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:37:25 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks for the suggestion, but again I'm using this just as an
> example.

I understand, but this example doesn't help, since it can't justify the
need for any additional mechanism you're suggesting.

>> There's already such a mechanism: it's called "filters". I'm just
>> pointing out that, in your situation, it's not worth relying on this
>> kind of tool.
>
> IIUC, you are talking about a mechanism to implement exporters.

Absolutely not. Filters are end-user tools used to tweak output from
back-ends (that is a string to string process).

> I'm vying for a way to syntactically tie stuff that needs to go before
> the element (and maybe wrap around it) so that it's recognized as part
> of that element and not part of another, unrelated element.

That's too vague. It depends on the type of element, the level at which
you want to tie stuff (in Org buffer, in the parse tree, just before
export) and the frequency at which you'll need it.

In most cases, I imagine adding #+LATEX: (or any other appropriate
keyword) around the element is enough.

Regards,