Re: [O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:15:40 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> I used VERSE (instead of EXAMPLE) by following (what I understood from) your
> advice, see http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33919.

A verse block implies that every line of its contents have a line break.
You can do many things with verse blocks beside poetry, but certainly
not filling them.

> Now, I don't need anything special (no treatment of the emails contents), but
> I need some "respectful" filling (what FillAdapt did), so that the following:
>
> #+begin_quote
>> I think VERSE (patched) is better than EXAMPLE because you can still
>> benefit from text markup (and LaTeX snippets). Sadly, mails can
>> sometimes be, well, very distant from poetry...
> #+end_quote
>
> does not become:
>
> #+begin_quote
>> I think VERSE (patched) is better than EXAMPLE because you can still >
> benefit from text markup (and LaTeX snippets). Sadly, mails can > sometimes
> be, well, very distant from poetry...
> #+end_quote

This is some special requirement. Org doesn't know about message mode
filling rules.

> Any better advice?

Configure FillAdapt to be compatible with Org mode? Since it's a FAQ, it
may be useful to many people.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou