Re: [O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Filling comments in Org code block vs in temporary buffer
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:34:04 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" writes:
>
>> Is there no way to make such a practical feature[1] available?
>
> There's a mechanism to send commands to the src-block through the
> appropriate major-mode. It may be possible to ask for a filling with that.
> But I don't think Org should treat a src-block as plain text when M-q is
> used.
>
>> [1] For example, mails I get are enclosed in a "verse" block, and I've the
>> habit of reformatting them before saving my "inbox" file.
>
> Verse blocks are for free-form poetry and cannot be filled. I suggest to use
> quote blocks, which can be filled, for that.

I used VERSE (instead of EXAMPLE) by following (what I understood from) your
advice, see http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33919.

Maybe that's stupid of mine, but I have such a capture template for received
emails:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-capture-templates
        `(("m" "Mail" entry
           (file+headline ,org-default-notes-file "Tasks")
           "* TODO %:subject%? (from %:fromname) :mail:
  SCHEDULED: %t
  %:date-timestamp-inactive

#+begin_verse
%i
#+end_verse

>From %a"
           :empty-lines 1 :immediate-finish t)))
#+end_src

That allows for

- easy followup of emails to answer to (by setting SCHEDULED to today), and

- nice HTML export (LaTeX not especially used) of project documentation (where
  mail extracts may serve as documentation).

Now, I don't need anything special (no treatment of the emails contents), but
I need some "respectful" filling (what FillAdapt did), so that the following:

#+begin_quote
> I think VERSE (patched) is better than EXAMPLE because you can still
> benefit from text markup (and LaTeX snippets). Sadly, mails can
> sometimes be, well, very distant from poetry...
#+end_quote

does not become:

#+begin_quote
> I think VERSE (patched) is better than EXAMPLE because you can still >
benefit from text markup (and LaTeX snippets). Sadly, mails can > sometimes
be, well, very distant from poetry...
#+end_quote

when refilled.

Any better advice?