Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:38:43 -0600

Simon Thum <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> thank you for this very interesting thing!

Happy you're finding this interesting.

> I have two comments from my first testing.
> 1) It seems editing is eating all the whitespace in a section. They
> probably need html protection. (&nbsp; or the like)

I'm not experiencing what I think you're describing.  When I enter say
the following into a text box.

foo bar

all of the spaces and newlines are inserted into the Org-mode file.
However, when that Org-mode file is re-exported, it uses the normal html
exporter (which *does* ignore whitespace by default).

So, if you are not having the spaces inserted into your Org-mode file
that is a problem with org-ehtml, but if you *are* having the spaces
appear in your .org file (server-side), but they are not appearing in
the exported HTML, that is expected behavior.

> 2) I cannot use the auth handler:

Perhaps you could provide a minimal .el initialization file which shows
how you are trying to launch the server?

Hope this Helps,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte