Re: [O] another auto-fill bug

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] another auto-fill bug
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 12:05:41 +0200

Hello,

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> If you press SPC after this with the appropriate fill-columun setup,
> Org will incorrectly comment the next line.
>
> ===
> #   It's not as if bad guys always aim
> # for the loss of life per se.  They often just consider the
> # loss of life less important than their real goal.
> I won't go into the details, because I don't use the term.
> ===

Thanks for the report. It should be fixed now.

> Just out of curiosity, what would be the incorrect behavior that would
> result if Org used Emacs standard filling and auto-filling instead of
> its own?

As I already explained, standard filling and auto-filling cannot cope
with Org requirements about paragraphs and comments. It would be
too tedious to describe the incorrect behaviour here.

You can remove all comments and filling code and start from scratch to
get you an idea if you want to.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou