Re: [O] [new exporter] latex: why does {{}} become \{\{\}\} ?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] latex: why does {{}} become \{\{\}\} ?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:03:57 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Nicolas,
>
> Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> "Myles English" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Can anyone tell me please why (in the examples below) {} exports fine
>>> but {{}} exports as \{\{\}\} ?  Am I meant to wrap these in
>>> #+begin_latex blocks?
>>
>> You're writing LaTeX code in an Org buffer. This is only possible to
>> a limited extent. In particular, these lines should indeed go within
>> a LaTeX block.
>
> Within a LaTeX block (#+begin_latex) or within a Babel block for LaTeX
> language (#+begin_src latex)?  Do you make a difference?

There's a big difference.

#+begin_latex means "paste this code unmodified in the latex back-end,
and only in the latex back-end". Nothing is evaluated.

With a #+begin_src latex block, depending on :exports parameter, you can
produce something (in this case, probably an image file) and create
a link valid in any back-end, as long as it supports the file format.

Both are possible.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou