[O] org-export-expand-include-keyword doesn't handle inline tasks well

From: Myles English
Subject: [O] org-export-expand-include-keyword doesn't handle inline tasks well
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:07:45 +0100

Hi,

 When a tree includes another file tree by using the #+INCLUDE keyword,
 the imported headlines are demoted by appending an appropriate number
 of asterisks.  The problem is when an inline task is included, the
 number of asterisks seems to make it unrecognisable as an inline task.

 Can someone confirm this as a bug?

 This has two problems that I can see: 1) if the resulting file is
 subsequently included again in another file, the inline tasks are
 thought to be headings so anything coming after it is demoted beneath
 it, 2) some functions seem to expect a maximum number of asterisks
 (I'll leave this bit a little vague; it was something to do with
 dynamic blocks).

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-441-gf287ab @
/home/myles/.emacs.d/plugins/org-mode/lisp/)

Herewith a minimum example:

Start with emacs -Q -l [your_minimal.el]

_____________________________ file: a.org ______________
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(require 'org-inlinetask)
#+END_SRC

* A heading

** Another heading
*************** Here is an inline task
*************** END

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (require 'org-export)
  (org-export-with-current-buffer-copy
   (org-export-expand-include-keyword)
   (clipboard-kill-ring-save (point-min) (point-max)))
  (find-file "./results.org")
  (clipboard-yank)
#+END_SRC
________________________________________ ______________

_____________________________ file: b.org ______________

* A Heading in b.org
*************** An inline task in b.org
*************** END

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(require 'org-inlinetask)
#+END_SRC

Buffer results.org contains inline tasks of different levels:

** Another heading
*************** Here is an inline task

*** A Heading in b.org
***************** An inline task in b.org