Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] C-c ^ for plain lists? Why not?
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 13:48:35 -0400

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> But I'm running into the limitation that plain lists can't be sorted
> *by their checklist status*.  You can sort alphabetically, numerically
> or by time or function.

Hi, Org people.

Just quickly perusing this list, this message reminds me of an old
annoyance in Org sorting, by which [[A]][C]] and [[B]] were sorted along
A-C followed by B, while I would have hoped to see B first and C second.
In other words, they were sorted according to invisible criteria, while
I would have hoped them to be sorted according to what I see.  But I did
not recently check if this has been addressed since then.

François