Re: [O] Block-Agenda: Show whole entry

From: François Allisson
Subject: Re: [O] Block-Agenda: Show whole entry
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 12:12:01 +0200

Le jeudi 04 oct 2012 à 23:27:48 (+0200), Moritz Ulrich a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create an Agenda which will be printed / mailed daily. It
> should include the usual 'today' agenda and my shopping list.
>
> This shopping list is stored in an agenda file as a list with
> checkboxes.
>
> I want this list as the second block in my agenda. Is this possible?

Hi,

I don't think that this is possible, at least easily. Checkboxes are not
intended to appear in agendas [1]. You can still play with a few
variables in your agenda block definition, or with functions and/or a
minor mode [2]. But it looks far simpler if your shopping list appears
in one of your agenda files as headlines, with either a shopping
specific keyword, or a specific tag, hand by hand with a nice shopping
org-capture template. Eventually, you could retrieve your checkboxes by
adding [3] in your second agenda block ;-) I cannot help you more... but
if you find some solution, please share it!

Cheers,

François.

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-06/msg00765.html
[2] e.g. org-agenda-entry-text-mode, org-agenda-add-entry-text-maxlines,
    org-agenda-entry-text-maxlines, org-agenda-entry-text-show, etc.
[3] (org-agenda-todo-keyword-format "[ ]")