Re: [O] new html exporter

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: [O] new html exporter
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 12:06:34 +0200

> Hello,
>
> henry atting <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Only a single file. I understand that something like this will no work
>> anymore with the new exporter.
>>
>> #+SETUPFILE: /home/me/.setup.org
>
> It's #+SETUP_FILE: in the new exporter.

Okay, then it applies the `#+STYLE:' option from the setup file but not
the path to org-info.js set in `#+INFOJS_OPT: path:~/.org-info.js'.

>> Besides I'm pretty happy with the old exporter and was only curious
>> because I read that it will be replaced with the new one in a future
>> stable version. I hope the old one will remain part of contrib (or
>> antique or whatever) so I can choose to my liking.
>
> It would help to know what the new exporter is missing.

Most probably nothing. Orgmode already has so many features, most of
them I will never need I suppose. I am using orgmode for some years now
but I wouldn't call me a heavy user. I jot down notes with org-capture,
keep up a very simple agenda, plot my monthly household expenses and do
some exporting to html.
As to me I am content with e.g. org-export-as-html as I probably will be
with the upcoming switch to the new exporter. I am only a little
disappointed by the fact that these above mentioned tiny changes (like
setupfile to setup_file) for someone like me (who does not want to
take a deeper look into orgmode) are more confusing than they should be.
Then again this little confusion will of course not discourage me from using
orgmode.

> Regards,

Regards,
henry