Re: [O] Differences between MobileOrg and MobileOrgNG

From: Henning Weiss
Subject: Re: [O] Differences between MobileOrg and MobileOrgNG
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 15:13:51 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Robert Eckl <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

Henning Weiss wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
> Henning Weiss wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:20 PM, Robert Eckl wrote:
>
>>> If i Push the org-files under Windows with MobileOrg the different
>>> org-files are not synced, but with MobileOrgNG they are. If i push
>>> the org-files under Mac OS, the org-files are synced even with
>>> MobileOrg.
>
>> This sounds like a known bug with org-mode on Windows, as it does not
>> generate a complete checksum file. See the discussion here. It seems
>> that changing from sha1sum.exe to md5sum.exe for the generation of the
>> checksum file fixes that issue.
> Thank you very much for the hint. Changing sha1sum.exe to md5sum.exe did
> not change anything for me, but changing from Gnuwin sha1sum/md5sum to
> the one from ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/sha1sum.exe seems to fix
> the issue for me.
>
> Does that mean that the default checksum generation utility of cygwin
> that is used by org-mode is broken?

I don't think so.
> Will upgrading cygwin to a newer
> version fix this, or did you need to change your setup?

I'm using an emacs version from http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/.
At first there were no md5sum binary found. So i installed the coreutils
(and diffutils) from gnuwin32. Seems that these utils don't work
fine with emacs.

> I hope, other issues are fixed too. Sometimes org-mobile-push crashes
> because of IIRC unexpected hashes. If I remove the related
> agenda-file(s), do the push, and then add the files to the agenda-files
> the push sometimes is succesfull. I have no idea, how to fix it.
>
> Could you try to produce a minimal setup that produces this problem? I'm
> sure more people on windows have this problem. I would at least like to
> post a workaround for this issue on the mobileorg-android web page.

I can try this, but seems to be difficult, because removing the file
from the agende-file-list and adding it another time sometimes solves
the issue.

Invoking C-c C-x RET p from one file which begins with
# Time-stamp: "2012-09-27 Do 01:17:19 (re)"
#+LAST_MOBILE_CHANGE: 2012-03-12 21:40:01
#TAGS: PHONE(p) URGENT(u) MAIL(e) Anwesenheit (a) Musik (m) Orgel (o) Cello (i)

I got an error, then I deleted line 2
#+LAST_MOBILE_CHANGE: 2012-03-1221:40:01
the error no more occured.

After this i copied the line in another agenda-file from wich invoking
org-mobile-push does not result in an error.

The error did not occur with this changed file.
Then I copied the line in the first file and started org-mobile-push:

The error didn't occur further. So i am confused.

Please always wipe your entire org-mobile directory before testing a new checksum tool. Otherwise it might be hard to reproduce. I found another thread you might find useful here.

Do you speak german? Im thinking, you can better understand me, if i
could write in german.

 Ja, ich spreche Deutsch :)

Henning