Re: [O] Two modifications for source blocks processing (will be in 7.9.2

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Two modifications for source blocks processing (will be in 7.9.2)
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:57:47 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Why don't we have anymore "#+begin/end_org" blocks while we still have
> "#+begin_html" and "#+begin_LaTeX" blocks?  Org as the language seemed normal
> to insert blocks in Org-syntax.

#+begin_latex (like #+begin_html, #+begin_ascii, #+begin_md...) are
"export blocks", which basically means "insert contents as-is in output
from matching export back-end, ignore everything in other back-ends.".

They are relative to export back-ends, not languages. And there's no Org
back-end so far. So, they do not make much sense for now.

On the other hand, when you want to write in a foreign language, you use
#+begin_src blocks.

> Will ":RESULTS:" drawers be included by default, to mimic the current support
> of "#+begin/end_org" blocks?

In the new export engine, every drawer (excepted property drawer) is
included by default.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou