Re: [O] Publishing using the new exporter

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing using the new exporter
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 09:16:08 +0200

On 09/24/2012 07:27 PM, Robert Klein wrote:
On 09/24/2012 12:25 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Robert Klein <address@hidden> writes:

I'm trying to use the new exporter for publishing a project.

For some reason all .org files get exported to zero length .html
files.

Did you (require 'org-e-html) first?

Regards,

Thanks, this helps.

This is a bit curious for me.  I compiled org-mode with
    ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = org-e-* org-md org-export
in local.mk and simple eporting (instead of publishing) using org-e-
export-html-to-html worked with only
     (require 'org-install)
in my .emacs.

Anyway, I can export now, though the new exporter doesn't seem to honor
the :html-preamble and :html-postamble variables in the project alist
yet.  (I set them both to a function name, e.g.
     :html-preamble s2-preamble
with s2-preamble defined as:

#+begin_src elisp
(defun s2-preamble ()
   (org-get-file-contents "~/Documents/org/s2/html/preamble.html"))
#+end_src

So, org-get-file-contents is a function from the old exporter, but I
didn't see any reason why it shouldn't.

Another issue I encountered, when publishing(!) to pdf, the resulting
pdfs didn't have any images.  This is probably caused by the images
beind created in :base-directory and the pdf being created in
:publishing-directory (there may be more to this; I think at one time I
already hat images in :publishing-directory). Note, images are created
using plantuml source in the .org-files.  Works Ok with the HTML
exporter, images are created by the PDF exporter also but not included
in the resulting PDF.

Best regards
Robert

Hi,

when the :html-preamble function is just:
#+begin_src elisp
(defun s2-preamble ()
  "alpha-mark")
#+end_src

the text "alpha-mark" also doesn't get inserted, though simply setting
#+begin_src elisp
    :html-preamble "alpha-mark"
#+end_src
works.

If i set :html-preable to either s2-preamble or 's2-preamble nothing gets inserted.

I studied the code in org-e-html (excerpt below), but i don't see what I did wrong.

#+begin_src elisp :file contrib/lisp/org-e-html.el :firstline 1329
(defun org-e-html-preamble (info)
  (when (plist-get info :html-preamble)
    (let* ((title (org-export-data (plist-get info :title) info))
           (date (org-e-html-format-date info))
           (author (org-export-data (plist-get info :author) info))
           (email (plist-get info :email))
           (html-pre-real-contents
            (cond
             ((functionp (plist-get info :html-preamble))
              (with-temp-buffer
                (funcall (plist-get info :html-preamble))
                (buffer-string)))
#+end_src

Thanks for any help

Robert