Re: [O] Publishing using the new exporter

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] Publishing using the new exporter
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:27:51 +0200

On 09/24/2012 12:25 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
Hello,

Robert Klein <address@hidden> writes:

I'm trying to use the new exporter for publishing a project.

For some reason all .org files get exported to zero length .html
files.

Did you (require 'org-e-html) first?

Regards,

Thanks, this helps.

This is a bit curious for me.  I compiled org-mode with
   ORG_ADD_CONTRIB = org-e-* org-md org-export
in local.mk and simple eporting (instead of publishing) using org-e-
export-html-to-html worked with only
    (require 'org-install)
in my .emacs.

Anyway, I can export now, though the new exporter doesn't seem to honor the :html-preamble and :html-postamble variables in the project alist yet. (I set them both to a function name, e.g.
    :html-preamble s2-preamble
with s2-preamble defined as:

#+begin_src elisp
(defun s2-preamble ()
  (org-get-file-contents "~/Documents/org/s2/html/preamble.html"))
#+end_src

So, org-get-file-contents is a function from the old exporter, but I didn't see any reason why it shouldn't.

Another issue I encountered, when publishing(!) to pdf, the resulting pdfs didn't have any images. This is probably caused by the images beind created in :base-directory and the pdf being created in :publishing-directory (there may be more to this; I think at one time I already hat images in :publishing-directory). Note, images are created using plantuml source in the .org-files. Works Ok with the HTML exporter, images are created by the PDF exporter also bbut not included in the resulting PDF.

Best regards
Robert