Re: [O] Habit setup help needed

From: Robert Horn
Subject: Re: [O] Habit setup help needed
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 10:40:21 -0400

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

> I think the consistency bar is only fully functional with timestamps
> of the format <2012-09-13 Do .+7d/10d> : You need a minimum/maximum range.

Thank you.  That was the clue I needed.  I hadn't made the connection
between schedule repeat intervals and deadlines in habits.  So I was expecting
task  deadlines to cover that.

I suggest adding the following to item 5. in the habit documentation:

  A weekly report that must be filed during the following work week
  could be described with "SCHEDULED: <2012-09-24 Mon +1w/12d>".

Have I understood this correctly?  It works for the habits that I'm
testing, but I haven't figured out the code to be sure that this covers
the edge cases properly.

Assuming that this is correct, perhaps the info section on dates and
times should note that the habit option extends the scheduled time
notation.  That will catch folks who go to that section directly.

Alternatively, a more radical change would be to change habits to use
scheduled and deadline in the same sense that they are used elsewhere:
scheduled means should start at this time, deadline means should
complete at this time.  That would affect all current users.  Is there
an extra capability that this notation adds?

R Horn
address@hidden