Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:36:59 +0200

On 20 sep. 2012, at 13:57, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> maybe first have to get clear what you mean by "not accepting raw commands".
>> Would that mean that if I write \vspace in the buffer, the LaTeX exporter
>> would then give me \textbackslash{}vspace, for example, because i thinks that
>> I want that text to appear in the output?
>
> Correct. This is the same when you type <p>something</p> in an Org
> buffer and call the HTML back-end.

Yes, I see what you mean and it is indeed consistent.

The only thing is:  I do use Org to draft documents intended to
be later fine-tuned as LaTeX documents, while I don't usually
do this for other backends.  So the ability to put in naked
LaTeX formatting commands does have value and convenience for
me personally.

If the consent will be to remove this for cleanness and exporter
speed, maybe we could leave the code that does the protection
in an allow users to opt-in?

- Carsten