Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 06:31:06 -0600

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte writes:
>> Agreed, this would simply mean generating an archive-contents file on
>> the Org-mode site which lists the latest org and orgplus archive.  I'm
>> not sure which elisp function is used to generate this file, but it
>> could be done directly from the server.mk file with something like...
>>
>>     # -*- Makefile -*-
>>     archive-contents:
>>             echo "(1 (org     . [($(PKG_TAG)) nil \"$(PKG_DOC)\"])"  > $<; \
>>             echo "   (orgplus . [($(PKG_TAG)) nil \"$(PKG_DOC)\"]))" > $<;
>
> No, you'd need ">>" on the second line.

Yup, good catch.

> BTW, I'm going to revert your change for removing PGK_REQ since you've
> done it in the wrong branch.  I'd like to keep the PKG_REQ variable for
> possible future use, can you please test if the package archives that
> choke on nil can correctly deal with "()" or "(())"?  Otherwise I'd
> leave the variable undefined, which results in the same thing as your
> patch.

Please do go ahead and revert that commit.  If we're hosting our own
packages on orgmode.org, then I don't think we need to worry about
conforming to the vagaries of other ELPA package parsers (in this case
marmalade).  I do think that leaving PKG_REQ undefined when there are no
dependencies is the best of the options listed above.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte