Re: [O] ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [O] ELPA org-mode daily build(s)?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 07:11:16 -0500

On Tue, Sep 18 2012, Bastien wrote:

> Hi George,
>
> George McNinch <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The FAQ here:
>>
>>     http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html
>>
>> still asserts that
>>
>> ,----
>> [ Daily builds of Org-mode are distributed as an ELPA package
>> `----
>>
>> But as far as I can tell, those builds have not been appearing ... daily
>> (for a few weeks now):
>>
>>     http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/
>>
>> Probably not too big a deal, but it seems a bit confusing.
>
> There is a daily cron job for this on the server.
>
> I just tested the script launched each day and the ELPA package has been
> correctly produced.  I'm not sure what's the problem here, copying Jason
> in case he has an idea.

Here's the error log:
http://orgmode.org/build-org-pkg.txt

It was failing on the "make elpa" step.  I couldn't reproduce the errors
when I ran the script manually.  The package was successfully updated:
http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/

The error that caused it to fail was:

/bin/sh: emacs: command not found

I linked /usr/bin/emacs to /usr/local/bin/emacs.  Hopefully that will
fix it.

Regards,
Jason