Re: [O] Modify clock in/out time to previous/following full quarter of a

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: [O] Modify clock in/out time to previous/following full quarter of an hour. => proposal
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:09:33 +0200

Am 13.09.2012 12:06, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Hi!
>
> My whole clocking is based on whole quarters of an hour.
> When clocking in and out I always adjust the clocks to the previous or
> the following quarter. I do not like to fiddle within minute-wise details.
> Clocking in mostly is moved to the previous, clock out time to the
> following full quarter.
> I also do clock tasks mostly after the task is started for already a few
> minutes.
> I'd like to automatically push the clock-in time to the previous, the
> clock out time to the following full quarter. This will save me many
> times from manually adjusting two clock entries.
>
> How could I achieve this? Which hook should I use? How? (I never
> programmed something like this).
>
> Thanks for hints,
>
> Rainer

Hi again,

I would propose a configuration possibility where all clockings in Org
are rounded up or down to full quarters of an hour.

Motivation: Mostly customers and bosses are not willing to look at
clocktables showing minutely detailled entries like

 CLOCK: [2012-09-18 Di 08:13]--[2012-09-18 Di 08:27] =>  0:14
 CLOCK: [2012-09-18 Di 08:33]--[2012-09-18 Di 09:49] =>  1:16
..

I would suggest Org to be able to create clockings with the starting und
ending timestamp being rounded to the next or previous (configurable)
full quarter (half?) of an hour.

I'd like to know if other Org users are also adjusting clock entries to
full quarters (halfs) of hours all the time.

What do you think?

Regards,
rainer