Re: [O] =<<<...>>>= invalid

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] =<<<...>>>= invalid
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:53:46 -0400

        Jorge Timón <address@hidden> wrote:

> The only way I know to do what I want is \verb=<<<=...\verb=>>>=, in
> case someone has a similar problem.

If you don't mind the extra space around the dots, you can say

   aaa ~<<<~ ... ~>>>~ aa a a

the advantage being that it is backend-independent, so it will export
correctly to HTML and presumably all the other backends --- at least
with the new exporter: I didn't try the old one.

There are ways to deal with the spaces as well (the one before the dots
is no problem: it's the one after that causes a problem in this case),
but imo they are not worth the bother unless you really, really need that
exact behavior. I'd rather live with the spaces (or edit the resulting latex
file, but that has disadvantages of its own).

Nick