Re: [O] [OT] Org spotted in the wild

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] Org spotted in the wild
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:55:46 +0200

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <address@hidden> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> While looking for a solution to the problem of emacs hanging if the SSH
>> connection to remote files goes down
>
> Did you find one (a solution, that is)? This has been bothering me for a
> while as well...
>
> -Toke

Following this article

http://blogs.perl.org/users/smylers/2011/08/ssh-productivity-tips.html

I'm currently trying out the following settings in .ssh/config

,-----------------------
| TCPKeepAlive no
| ServerAliveInterval 60
| ServerAliveCountMax 10
`-----------------------

Seems to be OK, but the problem is fairly sporadic anyway and normally
I'm on a less flaky network, so it might be a little difficult to say if
that is really the solution.

However, looking at

| man ssh_config

setting TCPKeepAlive to 'no' seems like a good idea.

Cheers,

Loris

--
Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)