Re: [O] Problem compiling on Windows 7: Symbol's function definition is

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem compiling on Windows 7: Symbol's function definition is void: org-find-library-dir
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 19:43:37 +0200

John Hendy writes:
> Ah. That makes much more sense. So the `-l lisp` puts me into lisp,
> and from there I call ../mk/org-fixup. Gotcha.

Even though this may further the confusion: "-l lisp" does not "put you
into lisp", it only sets up the load-path so that "lisp" is in front.
Now, when you say "-f ../mk/org-fixup", Emacs looks at each component of
the load-path, bolts on the requested name, tries suffixes ".elc" and
".el" (and compressed files thereof) and takes the first one that
succeeds.  In this particular case, the successful expansion will be
"lisp/../mk/org-fixup.el".

HTH,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: