Re: [O] Compilation problem

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] Compilation problem
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 04:09:29 +0530

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Bastien writes:
>>>
>>> Done.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> By way of explanation: autoload knows about a handful of "special"
>> constructs.  If you put an autoload cookie on any other sexp, it will be
>> copied verbatim into the autoload file.  This comes in handy sometimes,
>> but the sexp may not make any sense in that context…
>
> Yes.  On top of that, I think these functions do not need to be
> autoloaded anyway.

Please ask for clarification and politely indicate that a change may
have to be reverted.  It will be promptly followed up.  Please don't
reach a conclusion.

Let me see!

Can someone explain to me the reason why I might have added those in
first place?  Instead of the commit being wrong, is it possible that
changes were incomplete.  Do you have a solution for what that autoload
was trying to solve.

I am OK with the revert, btw.

There is a popular saying in Tamil which goes like "One who has sown the
seeds, will water the plants."  I have been watering the plants, you
know, whether I like it or not.

ps: I am not interested in a discussion.