Re: [O] Problem compiling on Windows 7: Symbol's function definition is

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Problem compiling on Windows 7: Symbol's function definition is void: org-find-library-dir
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 22:52:43 +0200

John Hendy writes:
> I don't understand. This is the default Worg command. I posted that

OK, so I failed to reach you.  I meant that literally, as in replace
"-L" with "--directory".  These two are aliases, but I've heard two
reports where the long option worked, but the short option didn't.

> I asked for clarification and you suggested using:

Again, I didn't seem the understand what you were asking.  I can see now
that this led you further away from the solution.

> I think my issue with this is twofold:
> - the ".." in the command `emacs [snip] ../mk/org-fixup.el` seemed to
> imply that I needed to be in the mk directory

No.  You are in "." when you start Emacs, the load-path is set up to
contain "./lisp/" and if you now want to load a file in "./mk" you
actually do that from "./lisp/", so the file is in "../mk/" from there.

> - There's also this:
> #+begin_quote Worg (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-hacks.html)
> When you execute the commands below, your current directory must be
> where org has been unpacked into,
> in other words the file default.mk should be found in your current
> directory.

Ah.  Isn't it wonderful when files get moved around?  Thanks for
pointing that out.  I've changed that description on Worg in a way that
is hopefully less confusing and compatible with both the old and the new
directory layout.

Regards,
Achim.