Re: [O] won't emacs kick into org mode for any file with a ".org" suffix

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] won't emacs kick into org mode for any file with a ".org" suffix?
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 20:42:19 +0000 (UTC)

"Robert P. J. Day" <address@hidden> writes:

>   i figured that -- my point was that i think it's worth mentioning
> that, with any decently current version of emacs, all of that is
> already configured and you don't need to do anything.  reading that
> section doesn't make that clear.

Adding it doesn't hurt anyone, and with copy&paste, no problem really.
Emacs22 is still in use in some places. Just keeping it in there the way
it is now means less "Help, why doesn't it work here?" from new orgers
on this list or someplace else. Everyone knowledgeable/around long
enough will just skip that recommendation. Further explanations would
only make it more verbose I think.

fwiw
Memnon