Re: [O] suggestion for org manual

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] suggestion for org manual
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:27:40 +0000 (UTC)

Moin Jonas,

Jonas Stein <address@hidden> writes:

> It says
> # You have enabled the habits module by customizing the variable
> org-modules.
>
> I would expect here a link about customizing the variable org-modules,
> and how the setting looks like.

Well, customizing variables belongs to the emacs realm; given that, the
documentation is pretty good. One way to improve it could be something
like "You have enabled the habits module by "`M-x customize-variable'
org-modules". The customize buffer is fairly self-explanatory then I
guess. However, while this would make the manual more newcomer friendly,
it would also be less pleasant to read imho. ...

> It says
> # You must also have state logging for the DONE state enabled, in
> order for historical data to be represented in the consistency graph.
> If it is not enabled it is not an error, but the consistency graphs
> will be largely meaningless.
>

> I would expect here
> # In order to get meaningful consistency graphs state logging for
> state "DONE" must be enabled.
> (Link to article about enable logging or explain it here.)

Tracking TODO state changes is in 5.3.2, i.e. just one "[" keypress
away, if you read the emacs info pages?! But a link rarely hurts, I
guess :).

Thanks for your suggestions!
Memnon