Re: [O] org-refile failing

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org-refile failing
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:48:52 -0400

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.
>
> I don't remember customizing the org-refile-targets var. When I evaluate it,
> I get the following:
>
> ((org-agenda-files :maxlevel . 0))

You must have customized it since the original value is nil. I have
customized it too and C-h v on it gives me:

,----
| org-refile-targets is a variable defined in `org.el'.
| Its value is ((org-agenda-files :level . 1))
| Original value was nil
`----

The difference probably accounts for the error you are getting (even
though you are setting maxlevel and I'm setting level), so try changing
the 0 to 1 or larger. Note that if you set maxlevel to 1 that means that
only top-level headlines are eligible as refiling targets.

Nick