[O] dnd-protocol-alist and org

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: [O] dnd-protocol-alist and org
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 20:31:10 -0500

Hi list,

I've been trying to get dnd-protocol-alist to work on Emacs 23, OSX (GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36) of 2012-01-29 on bob.porkrind.org) but couldn't so far. Has anyone got it to work with Cocoa Emacs?

I think this could be used to implement some real cool features, such as dragging-and-dropping->auto-archiving of images and other file types. This way, one could, for example, drag an image into an org buffer, and it would be copied to a pre-configured location and displayed auto-magically. What do you think?

Cheers,

Marcelo.