Re: [O] list-load-path-shadows

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] list-load-path-shadows
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:00:54 -0400

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:

> The initialization error was coming when one of my files was being
> evaluated.  If I don't require org-latex, the compiled version of org
> will initialize.
>
> *** OFF Require org-latex
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp :tangle no
>   (require 'org-latex)
> #+end_src

That's not what the previous backtrace showed though: the ditaa path
calculation was directly implicated.

In any case, the above shouldn't happen as long as you have done
``make autoloads'' or equivalent and

   (require 'org-install)

beforehand, and in fact it does not happen in my case:

  emacs -q -l /path/to/minimal/.emacs

with the following minimal .emacs, starts up without error:

;;; -*- mode: emacs-lisp -*-
;;; constant part
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "~/src/emacs/org/org-mode/lisp"))
(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
"~/src/emacs/org/org-mode/contrib/lisp"))

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)$" . org-mode))

(require 'org-install)

(setq debug-on-error t)
(setq debug-on-quit t)
(setq eval-expression-print-length nil)
(setq eval-expression-print-level nil)

(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

(require 'org-latex)

OTOH, even if I leave out the (require 'org-install), I get no error
(and that's after removing the org that came with emacs and making sure
that I have compiled everything), so I'm a bit baffled right now.

Nick