Re: [O] [Bug] [babel] calls in :noexport: subtrees evaluated

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Bug] [babel] calls in :noexport: subtrees evaluated
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 14:37:47 +0200

Hello,

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Andreas Leha wrote:
>> it seems to me, that #+call lines in subtrees with the :noexport: tag
>> are evaluated.  Is this intended?
>
> I think that, at least, it's not a bug. I don't /think/ it has never been
> specified like that. But I still don't have a clear view of what is done, in
> which order:
>
> - processing macros
> - inhibiting "noexport" subtrees
> - evaluating code blocks (possibly with noweb calls)
> - etc.

As far as the new exporter goes (you may want to have a look at
`org-export-as' function), the order is:

 - Process macros.
 - Expand #+INCLUDE: keywords.
 - Evaluate code blocks.

Note that "noexport" sub-trees are not inhibited. The are just skipped
when the parse tree is processed.

To answer the OP, :noexport: tag is related to export, not to
src-blocks. There are already other ways to disable code evaluation on
subtrees. It may be useful, as in your case, to have their behaviour
linked, but again, sometimes not.

It's often better to keep separate things, well, separate.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou