Re: [O] Labels in beamer new exporter

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Labels in beamer new exporter
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 09:51:56 +0200

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> Well, thanks for this It solves an easy case that has already asked for in
> the past.
> Now I can do :
>
> * section
> ** My frame title                     :B_frame:
> :PROPERTIES:
> :BEAMER_opt: label=tcs
> :BEAMER_env: frame
> :END:
>
> Some text. Some text.  Some text. Some text.
> Some text. Some text.  Some text. Some text.
>
> * section                                     :B_ignoreheading:
> #+BEAMER: \againframe<2>{tcs}
>
> ** Following frame
> etc.
>
> Not as clean as we might want it, but it is working ok. I had to add an
> "invisible" section
> else the againframe is not exported between frames, but inside the
> preceding frame.

Interesting. What about providing an "againframe" environment (on par
with "appendix", "note", etc.)?

It would use "BEAMER_act" property to set the overlay specification, and
a "BEAMER_ref" property using link syntax to refer to a particular
section. Here's an example:

* section
** My frame title                     :B_frame:
:PROPERTIES:
:BEAMER_env: frame
:END:

Some text. Some text.  Some text. Some text.
Some text. Some text.  Some text. Some text.

** section                                         :B_againframe:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :BEAMER_env: againframe
  :BEAMER_act: 2
  :BEAMER_ref: *My frame title
  :END:

  This section will create "\againframe<2>{sec-1-2}".

** Following frame
etc.

This is not really cleaner than your workaround, but at least, it feels
more integrated. Another advantage is that you don't need to know the
label of the frame being resumed.

For convenience, when asking for an "againframe",
`org-e-beamer-select-environment' would always ask for "act" and "ref"
properties, since those are mandatory anyway.

I don't mind implementing this, but I'm not sure it's worth the
(although limited) hassle.

--
Nicolas Goaziou