Re: [O] Installation question

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Installation question
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:39:27 -1000

Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> Aloha list,
>>
>> I'm having a difficult time installing org after upgrading to emacs 24.1
>> :(
>>
>> If I make compile, then my initialization stops with an error because a
>> macro in org-compat.el can't be found.  If I make uncompiled, then
>> initialization appears to work correctly.
>>
>> I'm working on a Mac and run emacs 24.1 from Emacs.app.  There is also an
>> emacs 22.1 in /usr/local/bin/.  I have an alias in .bashrc that
>> associates emacs with the emacs 24.1 from Emacs.app.  This works in my
>> regular bash shell.
>>
>> However, make compile finds emacs 22.1, instead of emacs 24.1.  Could
>> this be the source of my difficulties?
>
> Point EMACS in local.mk.  This is the Emacs exe that will be used for
> compilation.

Aloha Jambunathan,

Thanks for this suggestion.  Unfortunately, my hope that compiling with
emacs 24.1 would solve my problem was in vain.

Compilation ends like this:

In end of data:
org.el:22582:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be defined:
    org-clock-sum-current-item, org-element-context
Wrote /Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/org.elc
Done (Total of 111 files compiled, 2 skipped)

Initialization with the compiled installation gives this warning:

Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading
`/Users/dk/.emacs.d/init.el':

Symbol's function definition is void: org-find-library-dir

Initialization will not give warnings if I make uncompiled.

These are new problems after upgrading to emacs 24.1 and Eric Schulte's
emacs 24 starter kit.  The starter kit seems to be working correctly.

Help?

All the best,
Tom
--