Re: [O] can't find org-version?

From: Christopher J. White
Subject: Re: [O] can't find org-version?
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 07:48:21 -0700

I'm the maintainer of the org-toodledo and the OP did indeed contact me first.

org-toodledo effectively does:

  (require 'org)

Then uses the variable org-version. This has worked just fine for a few years, but when the OP upgraded to 7.9, the org-toodledo function that checks the org-version yields an error along the lines of variable not defined.

I did some googling and came across these threads which seemed relevant:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/59337
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/55412

It seems wrong to me that hacking org-toodledo is the appropriate solution. As mentioned in one of the above threads, the version of a package is pretty fundamental and I'd expect it to be provided by the base require.

...cj