Re: [O] Any way to change the *

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Any way to change the *
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 01:05:03 -0500

Oh, indeed -- the face is simply the font settings, the overlay has more display flexibility (i.e images), right?

It's a not-so-rare request. Thus, if Someone implements a minor mode
adding overlays on these stars (or even a more general "beautify"
minor-mode adding overlays on list items, todo keywords...), it could
make a nice addition to contrib/.

Definitely. I thought it was already possible somehow. Anyway,  it's only aesthetics, so not high priority, but would still be nice to have.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:36 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> I was wondering if it's possible to change the face of the asterisk used
> for the bullet points. Using  a smoother UTF-8 character or even an image
> would be neat. Is that possible?

You can change the face of the asterisk, but it will still be an
asterisk. So, that's not what you're looking after. You need overlays to
visually change the symbol.

It's a not-so-rare request. Thus, if Someone implements a minor mode
adding overlays on these stars (or even a more general "beautify"
minor-mode adding overlays on list items, todo keywords...), it could
make a nice addition to contrib/.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou