Re: [O] ODT preferred format option per-file?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] ODT preferred format option per-file?
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2012 00:15:06 +0530

James Harkins <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have one particular org file that I would like to export to PDF by
> way of ODT. (I already set up outline styling in LibreOffice and I
> would like to use that, instead of trying to reconfigure a similar
> look in LaTeX. For fun, I did try the LaTeX pdf export and the output
> format is not what I need for this case.)
>
> But I may want to export other org files to ODT *without* converting them to
> PDF.
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Extending-ODT-export.html
>
> This says I can customize the org-export-odt-preferred-output-format
> variable. This works beautifully, but it's a global setting that will
> apply to every ODT export.
>
> So my question is -- is there any export option for the preferred
> format, per file? Something like:
>
> #+ODT_PREFERRED_FORMAT: pdf
>
> I couldn't find any documentation in the ODT export section of the
> manual for an option like this.
>
> Alternately, I suppose I could write a lisp function that would set
> the variable and call the export, but that would definitely be a hack.

Old exporter
============

If you are using org-odt.el, then you can use file local variables.  I
have pushed a fix which makes string values of this variable safe.

    M-x add-file-local-variable RET org-export-odt-preferred-output-format
    RET "pdf" RET

Or

Add the following to your Org file.  Remember to re-visit the file to
activate the newly installed value.

    # Local Variables:
    # org-export-odt-preferred-output-format: "pdf"
    # End:

New exporter

The above local variable trick will fail in case of org-e-odt.el.  When
I get some time I will introduce a per-buffer keyword for this variable.