Re: [O] Google-weather.el and the Latest Git Version of Org-mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Google-weather.el and the Latest Git Version of Org-mode
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:21:24 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Charles Philip Chan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hello all:
> >
> > After updating to the latest git version of Org-mode, google weather
> > entries are not showing up in the Agenda buffer any more. Does any one
> > else have the same problem?
> >

> Yup - I got an error on startup and turned it off. When I turned it back
> on and tried again (possibly after another org update), I got no error
> but no results either. Haven't investigated further.

When I go to

   http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=Boston&hl=en-GB

Google slaps me and says:

,----
| Google
| Sorry...
| We're sorry...
|
| ... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect
our users, we can't process your request right now.
| See Google Help for more information.

`----

BTW, if you visit

  http://www.google.com/ig

it also says

,----
| iGoogle will not be available after November 1, 2013. Learn more
`----

So google-weather's days are numbered (420 days or so) even if the
first problem gets resolved.

Nick